We are all so proud of our Lead Designer, Thea, who on the evening of Thursday 7th November shaved her head in aid of raising money for MacMillan Cancer. Not only did she get clipped but arranged a cracking event at Strings in Newport with live music and a raffle to raise even more money on the night.
A note from Thea.
A massive thank you to everyone that helped me along the way to get this event organised – from Solent’s sponsorship so I could hold the event at Strings, to the bands that played, to the wonderful businesses who donated some amazing prizes for the raffle. Thank you to…
- Solent – the best team I could work with. Your support and help meant so much!
- Strings – Ian and Claydon for letting us use their amazing venue providing sound and support
- Bands – Fat Earthers, The Proles and The Pill, as well as the amazing DJ Nipsy on the decks
- Christie-Lee – the fabulous compare and shaver
All the businesses who donated some amazing prizes for the raffle
- Honeybourne Jewellery
- Blue Labelle
- Pin-up Girls Piercing Boutique
- Ace Army Surplus
- Ventnor Exchange
- The Great Wonderfest
- Isle of Wight Distillery
- Quayside Leisure – Bargeman’s Rest
- Isle of Wight Steam Railway
- Yates’ Brewery
- Brading Roman Villa
- OntheWight: Simon and Sal
Then lastly thanks to my family and friends for helping me with the raffle and on the night and for just egging me on – sorry if I have forgotten anyone but a HUGE thank you again for helping me SMASH my target of £1000. I am currently at £1200… much needed funds for this amazing charity.
I’m now off to buy a hat to keep my head warm 🙂